In this week’s edition of The Orcadian
This week’s edition of The Orcadian is available from all the usual outlets and online, here.
This week’s front page story is on:
• Orkney Islands Council says it will be forced to make drastic cutbacks on the county’s “unsustainable” inter-island ferry service, and public services across the board, if it does not receive a more substantial package from the Scottish Government.
Also in this week’s newspaper:
• A wedding with a difference — A Kirkwall bride and groom tie the knot in a spooktacular Hallowe’en-themed wedding.
• Police in Orkney appeal to the public to help in the fight against drugs.
• Vehicles seized as police crack down on nuisance drivers.
• The public is urged to cast their votes for the county’s sporting heroes, as the Orkney Sports Awards return.
For all these stories, plus full round-ups of all the week’s top news, from farming to entertainments, pick up a copy of The Orcadian today.