Recycling centre closure after flares discovered
The council has said the find has resulted in the closure of the facility until next Monday at the earliest — so that specialist help can be brought in to remove the flares safely. The flares were found in a box used for the disposal of batteries.
The council is reminding people that dumping material of this kind is illegal and represents a significant risk to members of the public and staff at the centre.
In an earlier incident, flares were discovered at the same centre in September 2018.