- The Orcadian
- The Orcadian Bookshop
- The Orcadian Print Centre
Hell’s Half Acre
Hatston Industrial Estate
The types of personal information we collect
The most common types of information we collect include:
- Identity Data, such as your name, title and date of birth.
- Account Identity Data, such as your email address and your password.
- Contact Data, such as your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data, such as bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data, including details about payments to and from you, and other details of products or services you purchase from us.
- Technical Data, including IP addresses, your login data, browser type and version, location, operating system and platform.
- Profile Data, including purchases or order made by you, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data, including information about how you use our websites and services.
- We also collect information from job applications, CVs, the application form itself, cover letter and interview notes.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, and automatically as you navigate through our websites. We collect it via:
- Correspondence with us by phone, email, letters or otherwise
- User registration
- Live Chat or Offline Message facilities
- Placing orders
- Subscription to our digital and print editions
- Subscription to newsletters
- Entering a competition, promotion or survey organised by us
We also collect personal information about you from third parties or publically available sources, such as:
- Analytics providers (Google Analytics, Jetpack)
How we use personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Fulfil a contract
- Operate our websites
- Provide you with services on our websites
- Verify your identity when logging into our websites
- Respond to support and email correspondence
- Improving our products and services
- Providing general administrative services
- For purposes that are required by law
- Fulfil orders
- Manage your account
How we keep your personal information secure
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and in hard copy files that are kept in a secure location. Personal information we store is protected by security, including username and password, two-factor authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
How you can access your personal information
You can access some of the personal information we collect about you by logging into your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close any account you have with us for any of our websites at any time, To make an access or correction request, contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Cookies and web analytics
You can choose to opt in or out from the cookies we use by modifying your web browser preferences: you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, some parts of our websites may not work properly in your case.
When you visit our websites, there is certain information that is recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you are logged into your account, some of this information could be associated with your account. Here are the following kinds of details we collect:
- IP address
- Domain name requested
- Name of your Internet Service Provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- Date and time of the visit
- Length of the session
- The pages you have visited
- The number of times you have accessed our websites within any month
- The website which referred you to our website
- The operating system you are using
- The type of device you are using
We occasionally use third party advertising companies to serve ads based on prior visits to our websites.
Information you make public or give to others
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we keep you personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information or to close any of your accounts, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your accounts.
When we need to update this policy
How you can contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, you can contact us in writing at:
Hell’s Half Acre
Hatston Industrial Estate
or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Edited on 03/09/2018