Parking charges reduced at three sites
Orkney Islands Council has reduced the charges at three car parks in the county — meaning that drivers can now park all day for £1.
The charges have been been reduced at:
- Great Western Road (North) car park in Kirkwall.
- Burgh Road car park in Kirkwall — adjacent to the Police station.
- Ferry Terminal car park in Stromness – on a six month trial basis for winter 2011-12
The reduced charges are:
- £1 all day parking (down from £3)
- 80p for four hours (down from £1.50)
- 60p for two hours (down from 70p)
The charge for the first hour of parking is unchanged (40p).
The lower charges will be reviewed over coming months and reported to the council’s transport and infrastructure committee in February.