OHAL shortlisted for Scottish Homes Award
Speaking after the announcement that OHAL have been judged to be in the final four as Housing Association of the Year, OHAL chief executive Craig Spence said: “I am delighted that the hard work and dedication of everyone at Orkney Housing Association — and our focus on delivering quality services for our tenants — has been recognised.”
“To be shortlisted in the final four, alongside significantly larger, national sssociations shows that the great work delivered by our team in Orkney is comparable with anyone else in the country.”
OHAL conducted various surveys last year, and judges considered these outputs along with how else the association has performed. The survey results highlighted that:
- 94 per cent of tenants were satisfied with the quality of services provided.
- 98 per cent of tenants were satisfied with the OHAL repairs service.
- 100 per cent of staff stated that they were proud to work for Orkney Housing Association.
- 100 per cent of staff agreed they enjoy their job and understand their role.
- 100 per cent of staff agree that their manager treats them fairly and with respect.
John Rodwell, chairman of OHAL added: “This is tremendous news, and I am really pleased for the whole team. It is testament to the huge effort they put in to making OHAL a great place to work, providing great customer service and making a great contribution to our community.”
Winners of the Scottish Home Awards 2019 will be announced in the evening of June 13 in Glasgow. BBC Scotland news anchor Catriona Shearer and comedian and broadcaster Des Clarke are set to host the awards ceremony.