In this week’s The Orcadian
This week’s edition of The Orcadian is now in shops and is available online, here.
Our front page this week features news of Orbital Marine Power’s O2 turbine arriving in Orkney.
Dubbed the world’s most powerful tidal turbine, the O2 marks a significant step for renewable energy, and adds to Orkney’s reputation as an industry-leader in the field.
Also in this week’s newspaper:
- Hybrid-electric trial flights set for July take-off
- Prehistoric quernstone comes to light
- Neolithic potter’s fingerprint revealed
- Loganair announces increase of services
- Driving tests finally given the green light
- Inspectors due to relay child protection findings in July
- Stromness house in running for Home of the Year
- Orkney Folk Festival goes global for four-day online event
- Stromness fire goes rogue
- Tidal platform’s return a ‘major milestone’
- Orkney’s political candidates answer whether Orkney industry can thrive post-Brexit
For all this and much more, pick up a copy of The Orcadian.