In this week’s The Orcadian
This week’s edition of The Orcadian is now available in shops and online, here.
Our front-page story this week is on:
• A north Isles councillor voices concerns that Orkney could be transformed into a “countywide industrial estate” if Orkney Islands Council leader James Stockan’s vision for the future becomes a reality.
• Also, the UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson receives a mixed welcome to Orkney.
This week’s newspaper also features a special “Shows Week” pull-out feature. Although the shows, and associated events, are cancelled this year, we have articles and pictures looking back at previous shows and interviews with the current shows committees.
Also, inside this week’s newspaper:
• Search begins for new OIC chief executive
• Tenth possible COVID case identified
• Locum doctors cost NHS Orkney more that £2 million
For all these stories, and much more, pick up a copy of The Orcadian today.