In this week’s The Orcadian
This week’s edition of The Orcadian is now in shops and is available online here.
On the front page, news that accommodation providers fear tourism in Orkney is hurtling towards a “crisis point” due to concerns that incoming costly legislation will force the closure of self-catering and B&B properties across the islands.
The paper also includes the show week preview pull-out feature and The Peedie Orcadian.
Inside this week’s edition is:
- Silver screen to arrive in Orkney
- ‘Hope residents clean up community
- OIC staff poised to strike over pay
- Sheriff’s determination made on roadworker tragedy
- Family go the extra ‘stride’ for sick babies
- Mums celebrate peer support scheme as Orkney marks Breastfeeding Week
- Diving down into deep water quay funding gap
- Reducing waste with a community fridge
- Orkney Rock Festival back in action
- All smiles in Papay for fun-filled weekend
- Orcadians featuring at Commonwealths
- Full inter-county coverage