In this week’s The Orcadian
This week’s edition of The Orcadian is now in shops and is available online here.
On the front page this week, we lead with the remarkable story of a set of twin boys’ fight for life, and how their battle has inspired a huge £10,000 fundraising drive for the specialist neonatal unit who cared for them.
Also in this week’s issue, hear all about a pair of entrepreneurs who are cooking up a storm in new premises in Finstown!
- Avian flu threatens seabird population
- Complaint lodged over handling of Mumutaz murder case
- Police chief to retire
- Social work challenges continue despite new recruits
- Tourism marketing behind OIC’s £500,000 media bill
- Council cancer challenge launched
- Scapa Crescent planning wrangle to go to hearing
- Evie playpark “officially” opens at last
- OIC heartened by child protection progress
- Consultation on controversial short-term lets legislation begins
- Housing survey reveals over 600 vacant properties
- Circus Montini draws crowds
- Orkney farmer appointed beef association chairman
- Marine entrepreneur lands prestigious energy award
- Burray Fun Day fun
- St Magnus International Festival coverage
- Community fridge to begin in Stromness
- Win £100 of Lidl vouchers
- Council trials fully funded late night bus services
- Athletic pair join illustrious company in Manchester
For all this and much more, pick up The Orcadian today.