In this week’s The Orcadian
This week’s edition of The Orcadian is now in shops and is available online, here.
The front page reports on the news that two areas of the seabed to the east and west of Orkney are to be developed for major offshore wind projects.
There’s already a commitment of £140million in the local supply chain from one of the developers, and more is expected to come as Orkney looks to take full advantage of its location and areas like Scapa Flow in attracting new business for the islands.
Included inside is:
- COVID curveball curbs Hamnavoe replacement options
- Farmer left with £4,000 bill after alleged dog attack
- Bignold Park development complete
- Permission sought for new offshore salmon site
- A life on the Orkney waves for retired captain Kevin Manson
- RSPB continues to review Lyness windfarm
- Comedian set to bring back the laughter at Orkney Theatre
- Loganair appeals for applications to £30,000 renewable energy fund
- Rare calve triplets boost CLAN funds
For all this, and much more, pick up The Orcadian.