In this week’s edition of The Orcadian
This week’s edition of our newspaper is now available from all the usual outlets and online, here.
This week’s front page features a story about how a local resident feels the big picture is not being given on plans to reinforce Orkney’s transmission grid — plans which propose a major new substation be built near Finstown as well as overhead power cables put in place around much of the Orkney mainland, as well as South Ronaldsay Flotta and part of Hoy.
Also in this week’s newspaper:
• Coverage from the first two shows in Orkney’s agricultural shows calendar — the Sanday and East Mainland Shows. As well as full results from the Hoy poultry and produce show.
• Gearing up for the Orkney Classic Motor Show.
• Orkney’s stoat dog gets to work.
• A fundraising tractor run is bound for Orkney.
• Columns from Orkney Islands Council’s leader and convener, James Stockan and Harvey Johnston, reflecting on the changes the local authority has undergone over the last year.
For all this and much more, pick up a copy of today’s edition of The Orcadian.