Have your say on housing in Orkney
OIC’s housing team is reminding the public that several housing consultations will close shortly. These include:
• Local Housing Strategy — the council’s plan for meeting housing needs over the next five years.
• Older Persons’ Housing Strategy — how the council plans to achieve a good mix of housing types for older people, including specialist housing and services.
• Housing Support Strategy — the council’s plans to help vulnerable people who require housing support to enable them to sustain a tenancy or to live independently.
• Charging for New Tenants of Sheltered Housing — seeking feedback on the possibility of introducing a charge for new tenants of sheltered housing, and what this might mean for people who will use the service in the future.
• Use of Rae’s Close for Housing for People with a Particular Need — asking for views on expanding use of Rae’s Close sheltered housing for supported housing for adults with particular needs as well as older people.
The documents are available at the One Stop Shop and library in Kirkwall, the Stromness Cash Office, and online at www.orkney.gov.uk/Service-Directory/H/current-consultations.htm.
The consultation period ends on January 9, 2012, and all feedback will be reported to the relevant committee in the New Year.
For more information or help taking part in the consultation, contact the council’s housing team on 873535.