Employers Invited To Support Young Person’s Guarantee
ADVERTORIAL: Employers across Orkney are being invited to support young people in achieving a successful future by signing up to the ‘Five Asks’ of the Young Person’s Guarantee.
Launched in November 2020, the Young Person’s Guarantee aims to give all young people, aged 16-24 years in Scotland, the chance to succeed through the opportunity of a job, apprenticeship, education, training or volunteering.
Employers of all sizes and across all sectors can get involved with the Young Person’s Guarantee in up to five ways:
- Prepare young people for the world of work.
- Create opportunities for young people who face the greatest barriers to work.
- Invest in a skilled workforce through apprenticeships, training and upskilling opportunities.
- Create jobs and opportunities suitable for 16-24 year olds.
- Ensure a work environment which supports all young people and provides fair work.
Orkney’s regional Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) group is leading the process to sign local employers up to the Guarantee.
For more information about the Young Person’s Guarantee, employers can contact Rachel Scarth on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01856) 569352. More information, including a leaflet detailing how employers can support the Young Person’s Guarantee, can be found at: www.dyworkney.co.uk/young-persons-guarantee