Economic review published and available from OIC
Facts and figures about Orkney’s economy are now available in the latest economic review, published by Orkney Islands Council’s economic development team.
The review covers a range of topics and includes updated county-wide statistics, for example, in the areas of economic activity, primary production, transport, housing market and the weather.
Facts and figures from the latest edition includes:
- levels of employment are falling
- Orkney’s labour force is less qualified than that of Scotland generally
- between 1995 and 2009 gross disposable household income (GDHI) increased much faster in Orkney than the regional and national averages
- shellfish landings and salmon production continue to grow
- utilisation of internal ferry services is now at record levels
The complete publication is available on the OIC website at www.orkney.gov.uk.